copy music from mp3 player into iTunes

Reaction score
how to copy music from Sansa mp3 player into iTunes?

I had a PC that got a bad virus, so I don't use it anymore, instead I use a mid 2009 C2D macbook pro I got from my daughter when she upgraded to a 2011 macbook pro.

I have a Sansa Fuze with 24G of music on it, all in mp3 variable bit rate encoding. I last downloaded onto the Fuze about 2 years ago. All 120 or so albums were ripped from cd. iTunes is basically empty on my MB Pro at this time.

How do I transfer all 22G of songs from the Sansa Fuze(8G plus 16G microSD card) to the iTunes? I then want to download them onto my wife's new Sansa Clip 4G with a 32G microSD card... and I don't what to have to buy another PC just to do this.

I don't know why this is hard for me to figure out. I did a google search and my exact question didn't seem to get answered anywhere. I know absolutely nothing about iTunes other than to assume it is somewhat like Windows Media Player. In Windows on a PC it seemed almost plug and play. Is there a way to remove iTunes from my Macbook Pro and just install Windows Media Player instead?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Did you do a Google web search on:
mac transfer music from microSDHC card
or
mac copy music from microSDHC card
etc.
And it may depend on what equipment and/or card reader(s) you have available.

Once you get your data, then you can get it into iTunes or whatever you want to use.

I do not know what formats are involved nor what converters may be required. But hey, mp3 is a pretty standard format, and even Macs can use them. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.