• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My computer keeps speaking!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel Imac
Here I am just sitting playing some games until I unplugged the Speaker Cord from the outlet, by accident with my foot. I plug it back in. I click on the Application I was at earlier and the computer says it. It gets annoying since the computer keeps saying everything I click on. I went to Preferences, then to " Speech." I click off "Speakable Items" and restart the computer. When the screen loads, the computer says welcome, blah blah blah, and still says everything I click on.

How can I make this voice stop speaking everything I click on? :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Try going to the Universal Access pref and make sure Voice Over is off.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel Imac
cradom said:
Try going to the Universal Access pref and make sure Voice Over is off.

Ahhh, Thanks! Never thought of going there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.