Incoming Mail.

Reaction score
I am using two computers a Windows 8 with MS Outlook 2007, the other a Mac with Maverick OSX 10.9.4. Up to last night I have received mail on both computers and have done so for a number of years without any problem. This morning there is mail to my MS computer but none to the Mac. It may be of interest that I downloaded "Checkbook" yesterday but deleted it by the end of the day.
Has any one any suggestions. I may have tweaked something.
I sent a test email to myself with the MS computer this morning and received it back with the MS but not the Mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
I think I have fixed the problem. Went to Systems Preference, Network, Assist Me, Diagnostics, then continue as instructed. mousetrap.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad to hear you resolved the problem. Now about "Checkbook":

It may be of interest that I downloaded "Checkbook" yesterday but deleted it by the end of the day.

Assuming this was the Splasm "Checkbook" you downloaded and apparently didn't like, I have a suggestion for a much better simple checkbook program:

"Just Checking" by justapps software. I own both programs but like the "Just Checking" app much better. Neither program will keep up with your finances and are simple checking programs.

OP
M
Reaction score
“Just Checking.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Safari downloaded this file today at 1:26 pm from justapps.com.

So how do I overcome this little problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
Go to Preferences\Security. You will have the option to allow this install (if you are on mavericks)

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's a good idea to change the security setting unless it's changed right back, but then that is often forgotten. Better to right (control) click on the app and select 'open'. That way you'll be given the opportunity to open it even tho unsigned. Once done, you won't be challenged again when opening it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for that I was under the impression that it just allowed that one item through then went back to its normal security.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No you can right click as suggested and Gatekeeper will allow the tonenitem through.

M

MacInWin

Thanks for that I was under the impression that it just allowed that one item through then went back to its normal security.
You are correct. Gatekeeper will prompt you ONCE for your authority to run an application. After that, it assumes that your authority is still valid for that application.

You do have to repeat the process for EACH application from non-Apple sources, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.