• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

i got an interview!!!:P but a little advice plzz

Q

que_sole

first of all..Hello to all of you guys/girls, this is my first post.

on march 7th i have an interview at the soho apple store. I have been trying to switch from windows to mac for the longest now but unable to do so because mac's are a little expensive for me. so that means that i dont have much experience with mac platforms. would not having much information about mac's discourage for the interview? would the people that are interviewing me see that i barely have knowledge about macs. also its a group interview?? i never been to one of those before. what im asking is a little advice from anyone who had interviews from apple, group or one on one, what sort of questions they ask you stuff like that. i really want to work at the apple store and leave my current job at the virgin megastore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
You're screwed.

Better start studying!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
JeffreyLloyd said:
You're screwed.

wow your super supportive..
good luck with your interview

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well a colleague of mine (I work at an apple retailer) didn't have much mac experience before he started, but general tech knowledge is never a bad idea...

I'm guessing though that other people there will know a lot about apple & the products, so I'd start reading the apple website closely :)

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
If you can find a friend or anyone who will let you play on a Mac for a little while first it would (I think) be useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
read the apple website, catche the last two keynotes, and then go to an apple store and start playing around with the computers for a few hours
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
coach_z said:
read the apple website, catche the last two keynotes, and then go to an apple store and start playing around with the computers for a few hours
-chris

Very good advice there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.