Need help with mavericks

Reaction score
So I finally got around to updating my macbook pro to mavericks 10.9.4 yesterday, until disaster struck. I came home to discover that most of my pictures have been erased or something and I can't play .mov, .avi, .gif, or .jpg. can anyone help? I'm stressing out a lot right now /:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
So I finally got around to updating my macbook pro to mavericks 10.9.4 yesterday, until disaster struck. I came home to discover that most of my pictures have been erased or something and I can't play .mov, .avi, .gif, or .jpg. can anyone help? I'm stressing out a lot right now /:

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just a few questions as starters: 1) What is the season/year of your MBPro; 2) What OS X did you back up from; and 3) Do you have a Time Machine (or other) backup of your important files? Good luck - Dave

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Welcome to the forum hopefully we can help. Please answer RadDave's questions and most importantly do you have a backup, Time Machine or other?
How did you download the Mavericks installer and did you make a copy? Do you still have the installer on your Mac HD?
What type of instal did you perform?
When you say you returned home to find that "most of your pictures have been erased" do you mean you left the Mavericks installer running while you went out? If so it may not have completed the instal.
Let us know. Good luck. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.