• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sorry to be a bother, but I am new.

Reaction score
I am trying to see if I am a member and can post to Mac Forums. I had trouble getting registered.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You are registered. You've started at least two threads so far…and have 4 total posts. Where's the problem??

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know, I am new and just stumbling around.

The fact that you've been able to:

- start at least two threads
- have 5 total posts (so far)
- have replied to this thread
- and sent a "Contact Us" message

…proves that you are doing just fine.:) You got it…that's it. This is how internet forums work.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And a six pack of beer to Nick would not go astray!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I hear that he only accepts American Bud. ;)

Any of that Australian or Canadian beer would be too strong. :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Been drinking Foster's for over 30 years. Started when I was hanging out with my Australia & New Zealand bicycle racing mates from my Velodrome racing days.:)

They would come to the United States to race during our Summer (when it gets chilly down under)!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
Funny. If you read the label on a Fosters can, it says brewed in Canada. At least the ones for the American market. **** good beer!
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, we do make some **** good beer!!! ;) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Funny. If you read the label on a Fosters can, it says brewed in Canada. At least the ones for the American market. **** good beer!
:)

And if you read the label on the UK Version, its made there too. Taste ok there too, but in Aust it tastes like absolute crap, and that being generous . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
And if you read the label on the UK Version, its made there too. Taste ok there too, but in Aust it tastes like absolute crap, and that being generous . . .

Well, sorry to the OP (welcome to the forum!), but this seems to be turning into a 'beer thread' - :)

In the USA, there has been an amazing surge in the opening of local craft breweries - in North Carolina (I'm in the Piedmont), there are now nearly 100 breweries, all making a variety of interesting beers, so I've been buying locally to support the industry.

Two of my favorite locals (now sitting in my basement refrigerator): 1) Natty Greene's Buckshot (brewery in Greensboro, NC - named after Nathaniel Greene, Major General in charge of the American forces at the Battle of Guilford Courthouse during the American Revolutionary War); and 2) Foothills Hoppyum IPA (Winston-Salem, NC - my town), a really pungent hoppy beer - both delicious! Dave

451e_c302.jpg

Foothills-Hoppyum.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My apologies to the OP if he's thinking that he may have joined joined a Mac beer drinkers forum, but yes, the local craft breweries have really taken over in some places and we've been lucky in BC and especially in Victoria to have some of the oldest and best. Many have won world medals.

This gives one an idea of our choice and I'm not sure that all of them are listed:

http://victoriabeers.com/breweries/
BC Beer Guide - Breweries

PS: The local beer festival tickets where only local breweries are allowed to participate sells out within two hours each year.

BTW Rolacoy, welcome to Mac Forum & Discussions on Apple Products and Services And we do discuss Macs etc. ;) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Been drinking Foster's for over 30 years. Started when I was hanging out with my Australia & New Zealand bicycle racing mates from my Velodrome racing days.:)

They would come to the United States to race during our Summer (when it gets chilly down under)!;)

- Nick

Nick

Back in 1999 a few friends and I went to the Saturday night of the Ghent 6 day. When we checked into our hotel, there was a blond Aussie guy there lamenting the fact that his bike hadn't arrived for the night's racing (he wasn't competing for the whole 6 - just there for the Saturday). Anyway because of this he had a few beers with us before we went off to the track. We next saw him kitted out to race as he's managed to get hold of a bike. Now, he'd had several beers and obviously had our fulll support during his event, but I don't know how he managed it!

At the velodrome we also got chatting to what can only be described as the largest racing cyclist any of us had ever seen - a huge black guy from the US. He was a sprinter I believe and his thighs were larger than my waist! He looked more like a rugby player to me!

The rest of the night was spent in a haze of Duvel beer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
well it's 5.30 here in the UK and I've just poured a nice pint of Stella Artois :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mIni *2013 macbook air *2011-itouch G4 32 gb (new repair projects:iMac G4 2002* imac g5 2007*
did someone say BEER here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good grief - Molsonville!!!

Hmmm... I didn't know our famous Canadian beer producer had their own town named after them. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mIni *2013 macbook air *2011-itouch G4 32 gb (new repair projects:iMac G4 2002* imac g5 2007*
Good grief - Molsonville!!!

Hmmm... I didn't know our famous Canadian beer producer had their own town named after them. ;)

i dont do that facebookie thing anymore because they won't recognize my town, eh?

C

chas_m

I am personally a dark beer man most of the time. Mackeson Triple Stout when I can get it, Guinness, Chocolate Porter (we have several local breweries here I also, er, support).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.