• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sorry to be a bother, but I am new.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you equate American beer with Budweiser, you clearly haven't had Samuel Adams Boston Lager, which is (in my opinion) one of the best beers in the world. You should also try Yuengling Lager, made by America's oldest brewery - which is nothing like the Clydesdale p!ss, known as "Bud".

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You should also try Yuengling Lager...

You're showing your Pennsylvania connection!;) Don't forget Rolling Rock too!;)

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're showing your Pennsylvania connection!;) Don't forget Rolling Rock too!;)

- Nick

Yuengling has gotten huge, I have found it just about everywhere I've traveled (including Hawaii). The only problem is that I have to refrain from ordering a "lager", which I'm accustomed to here being synonymous with Yuengling Lager.

Rolling Rock is as bad as Budweiser or Coors... blech.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yuengling has gotten huge, I have found it just about everywhere I've traveled (including Hawaii). The only problem is that I have to refrain from ordering a "lager", which I'm accustomed to here being synonymous with Yuengling Lager.

Yes I know what you mean.:( Used to be a "local beer" years ago.

Rolling Rock is as bad as Budweiser or Coors... blech.

Was wondering what your opinion was. You mentioned the "p" word earlier!;)lol

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
If you equate American beer with Budweiser, you clearly haven't had Samuel Adams Boston Lager, which is (in my opinion) one of the best beers in the world. You should also try Yuengling Lager, made by America's oldest brewery - which is nothing like the Clydesdale p!ss, known as "Bud".

Agree completely - there are now over 3000 beer producers in the USA, most are small microbreweries & brewpubs but the development in recent decades and the variety of beers now offered is astonishing, and some of the best available (Source).

North Carolina now has about 100 breweries (and expanding) as the map below shows, the most south of Pennsylvania and east of Texas (Source) - for myself, I'm a fan of the hoppy IPAs (Dogfish makes strong excellent ones!) - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 12.22.19 PM.png

Reaction score
I'm new here to. Here in the IE (that's the Inland Empire in So Cal), the popular craft brews are Hanger 24 and Modern Times. At least in my circles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.