iMac won't boot up

Reaction score
When I start my iMac, the screen goes white and the spinning wheel starts, stops, starts, stops and nothing more happens. Before I take it to the shop, is there anything I should try?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which iMac do you have? Year and model? What version of OS X is it running? If you have an install disk, boot with it, select utilities from the top menu, select disk utility and verify the hard drive. If you don't have an install disk and are running Lion, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks, start your iMac by holding down the command and r keys. That will get it into recovery. Once in recovery, select utilities, disk utility, and verify the hard drive.

And... please do not cross post your question. Only post to one forum. Your duplicate post has been removed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.