Apple Scripting | iMessage to email . . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have a friend of a friend of a friend that needs to set this up for their Gran Mothers best friends Brother.

They would like to use the Apple Script to get contents of the iMessage from Mac and then email it to them, as the content of the iMessage.

I have looked around, and found this script, and confirmation from the script maker that it works fine, but can someone please tell me if its correct or how to have it set up on the Mac for it to work, please ?? I have tried saving it as a Application, .scpt with Messages open and have sent myself a iMessage and it does nothing.
How or where would it need to be, to run as soon as a iMessage comes in ? it does what it needs and they receive a email ??

Code:
[B]using terms from[/B] [COLOR="Blue"][I]application[/I][/COLOR] "Messages"
	[B]on[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]message received[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]theMessage[/COLOR] from [COLOR="YellowGreen"]theBuddy[/COLOR] for [COLOR="YellowGreen"]theChat
		[/COLOR]
		[B]tell[/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]application[/COLOR][/I] "Mail"
			[B]set[/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]theNewMessage[/COLOR] [B]to[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]make[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]new [I]outgoing message[/I] with properties[/COLOR] {[COLOR="Magenta"]subject[/COLOR]:"thesubject", [COLOR="Magenta"]content[/COLOR][COLOR="YellowGreen"]:theMessage[/COLOR], [COLOR="Magenta"]visible:[/COLOR][I][COLOR="Magenta"]true[/COLOR][/I]}
			[B]tell[/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]theNewMessage[/COLOR]
				[B][COLOR="Blue"]make[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]new [I]to recipient[/I] at[/COLOR] [B]end of[/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]to recipients[/COLOR][/I] [COLOR="Blue"]with properties[/COLOR] {[COLOR="Magenta"]address[/COLOR]:"[email protected]"}
				[B][COLOR="Blue"]send[/COLOR][/B]
			[B]end tell
		end tell[/B]

[B]end [COLOR="Blue"]message received[/COLOR]
end using terms from[/B]

So yea, anything would be very helpful, and appreciated :)

Cheers TM

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Nothing ?? Bump !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.