Mackbook Mail screen font

Reaction score
I have a similar problem to the WORD ON MAC thread. Using Mail (on Mountain Lion) on my Macbook Pro I have set the font so it looks fine for the recipient but image on the screen is tiny. I cannot find any way to increase what I can see without affecting what is sent.
Is there a setting I have missed?
Richard

OP
E
Reaction score
I see that over 400 people have viewed this thread but no suggested solutions - have I asked the impossible?
Surely there must be some way that I can improve my Mac screen experience.
Even if nobody knows a direct answer, can another likely source be suggested.
Any advice welcome.
Richard

Reaction score
Just go to the Mail Preferences > Fonts&Colors and set the message font to whatever works for you. Your recipients will be able to read your emails ... which is the important thing, not whether the size of the font they receive it in is pleasing.

You could also choose to use plain text composing for your messages. (Preferences > Composing). That way, you can adjust the font size you see while composing to suit you but they will receive plain text and their mail client will show it according to their preferences.

M

MacInWin

Or compose the mail in a larger font, then set it back to what you think is "fine" to the recipient. Remember, however, that the appearance on the receive end depends on what settings the receiver is using.

C

chas_m

In short, you don't have control over how the recipient sees it, so relax and just set it for your taste. I agree with the suggestion to use plain text for maximum compatibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.