ipad synced to wrong computer

Reaction score
I recently took my husband's iPad and connected it to my computer to share some photos. The problem I have now is when I go on our email, if I delete something it is also deleted on his iPad and iPhone. How do I separate his iPad and iPhone from mine? He also gets my appointments sent to his devices.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First you need to answer this question: Does your husband have his own Mac that he uses?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I just wanted to make sure that there were not two Macs involved which would complicate things further.

You can prevent your husband's iPhone and iPad from syncing to your Mac by having him go to "settings" on both his iPhone and iPad. Tap "iCloud" on both devices and then move the sliders for "email" and "contacts" to off. He can do the same with any other items that he does not wish to sync with your Mac.

He should, however, continue to back up both his iPhone and iPad on your Mac as well as to iCloud to prevent any loss of data. Also make sure he's using "Find my iPhone" and that you have that setup on your Mac. Same goes for the iPad.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok but if he does that then is there a way to sync his phone and iPad together?

OP
A
Reaction score
Also, I just checked his phone and iPad and it was already turned off.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you both using the same Apple ID? If the iCloud sync is turned off on his iPhone and iPad, he shouldn't be receiving your contact changes or email. If you're both using the same email address and Apple ID, he's going to continue receiving them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.