Ibook Superdrive Care!

N

n3t0x

the superdrive on my Imac G4 has died!! I´m about to take it to an Apple Store so they can put a new one.
Now i don´t want that to happen to my Ibook´s superdrive!!
For my Imac I used the MAXELL DVD lens cleaner, although i probably used it after the Superdrive was damaged it did help me in certain occasions. On the DVD lens cleaner box, there´s a warning saying that it shouldn´t be used on notebook computers. So what can i use to clean the lens on my Ibook Superdrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
The lens really shouldn't require much in the way of "cleaning" in most cases. I've used my iBook daily for close to 3 years and have not had a single problem with the drive. I also have a Power Macintosh G3 AIO that was built in 1998, and while that optical drive is a CD rather than DVD drive, it has never been "cleaned" or maintained in any way either.

OP
N

n3t0x

That´s good news... still, there´s gotta be something out there, just in case...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.