Power Mac G5 OS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina 5K), 27" 2019
Following on from a recent post about someone needing to know what OS to install into a G5, I could use some advice aswell, similar to this. I have a 2006-2007 1,1, 2.66 GHz intel Zeon 4 Core G5, on which I run Leopard 10.6, the latest this machine will run. I am starting to have compatibility issues with various websites as newer software is introduced. What I would like to do is update the machine to the latest software possible for this machine, so that I can get a couple more years use out of it. I would also like to be able to run Adobe CS6 as a minimum. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I am not a techy person, so non technical language would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sorry this is a really confused post.

I think you mean you have a 2006/7 Mac Pro model 1.1, with 2.66GHz Intel Xeon CPUs and runnng Snow Leopard OS X.6 and Mthe ac Pro model 1.1 will run Lion OS X.7. Older G5 machines cannot run Snow Leopard, Intel only. And OS X.7 will be it without turning it into a Hackintosh and possibly frying it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.