What kind of question is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
I am running OSX 10.9.4 and was going through some photos from a recent trip. The photos were on an sdhc card that I had attached to my rMBP using a multi-card reader and usb cable. Since some of the photos had already been copied to my laptop I wanted to delete the originals on the sdhc card but did not want to end up with having to worry about emptying the card's recycle bin. My plan was try to move them to my rMBP's SSD with the thought that the move would remove them from the card without moving anything to the recycle bin so I selected, Cmd-C copied and then Option-Cmd-V to move them. Got the following strange dialog box message:

There are some locked items in the Trash. Do you want to remove all the items, including the locked ones, or just the unlocked items?

with a single OK button. My problem is not with the message itself but why, given such a choice, am I only given a single button to select?

StrangeQuestion.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, it doesn't make sense since you have no idea what it's going to do. Probably best to separate the items and delete only those that you're sure of.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
Thanks. I just handled each file separately.

I only posted because I was so surprised at the question given the available response. I guess I should have used a different subject line because I was not really looking for suggestions as to what to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.