Landscape view for iPhone?

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a mount for my iPhone in the car to use as a navigation/media tool hub. Ideally, i'd like to be able to orientate the phone to a landscape view when doing so. Maybe i'm not looking in the right places but i'm not seeing any setting options to change screen orientation away from portrait mode. Does iPhone have this option?

Oh yeah, I've got a 4S and the latest iOS.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does iPhone have this option?

This question has come up several times. There currently is no setting that will lock or change your iPhone to either landscape or portrait mode. The built in gyro determines the orientation. In other words which way you hold and view the screen on your iPhone.

OP
C
Reaction score
Seems odd. Is there a best way to submit a feature request like this to Apple?

I notice after a bit more research there is an app that does it but you have to go through the channels of unofficial developers... not sure that's a wormhole i'm prepared to enter.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're referring to jail breaking the phone in order to gain that feature. It's up to you of course, but each time Apple updates iOS you'll be back to square one again. Why don't you hang on for iOS 8 which will be released sometime this Fall along with OS X Yosemite. I don't know if Apple will add that feature but you never know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.