Internet drops when using LAN port of extended base station (Roaming Network)

Reaction score
I have two Airport Extremes, one is the base station connected directly to my ADSL providers router and the other is connected to the base station via an ethernet cable. I also have an Airport express connected wirelessly to extend my network. On both Extremes, router mode is OFF and Network Mode is set to CREATE A WIRELESS NETWORK.

My problem is that I need to plug a third party device into the extended base stations LAN port (Telefonica here in Spain offers free cable via their phone lines). An ethernet cable runs from the extended base station to the cable box.

The cable TV works but whenever anything is plugged into the extended base stations LAN port I lose all internet. Unplug the device and the internet re appears.

The only thing I can think of is that the issue is somehow related to the configuration of the Telefonica ADSL router and is something I cannot solve by configuring the Airport Extremes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.