Mail text distorted

Reaction score
We carefully compose send mail out via Mac mail but when the message returns the text is grossly distorted - any resolve available?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
More info needed!!!

What returned message and what text is distorted?

What email client is being used, OS X version, Mac model etc. etc. etc... Gheese!!!

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi and thanks... we operate on a Mac desktop OSX 10.6.8

I compose mail in Mail preferences and send as Ariel 12

On the response mail I receive I see my email copied below in Ariel 18

My concern is ... is that how it is received by them or has it distorted between sending and receiving...

ta

Marg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'd suggest that how the text is displayed will depend on a lot of factors, such as: font(s) used; font(s) installed; any font substitution; text as Plain or RTF: any In-line embedded attachments; etc. plus the settings used by the email client user.

In your example, the receiver may have their setting to automatically enlarge the font, so when they send a reply, you receive your original text in the increased size.

If the Ariel font hadn't been used, which is a pretty good standard font that most users have installed, then you would probably have received the reply with your original text in a different font and maybe size.

So I guess the best way to keep the viewing as close to what you want is to stick with standard fonts and formats, just like web pages - and as you know they can appear different on different computers or with different browsers.

If you want more info, try some web searches on something like 'sending emails for consistent viewing' etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.