Fujifilm Image viewer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac mini with 16GB RAM & 1TB SSD and a 2018 Mac Book Air with 256GB SSD.
A local photography store put some prints on DVD for me. They show up as a blank disk on my Mid 2010 Mac Mini running Mavericks. On my wife's Windows Vista computer they show up perfect and can be viewed. On her windows computer it says Fujifilm Image Viewer. I Googled Fujifilm Image Viewer and what came up on Fuji's website says it's for someone who already has a Fuji camera and needs a software update. No help at all there.

Does anyone know where I can download the Fujifilm Image Viewer or something that will work just as well for opening up this DVD? Frustrating that her Windows computer will open the DVD but my super Mac Mini Mid 2010 will not open it.

BTW, I just downloaded iPhoto 9.5.1 from the App store to replace IPhoto '09 and didn't have any problems at all with the download.

Thanks for the help guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
That's a bit odd with your description of the "show up as a blank disk" part as if it was truly blank, the Mac OS settings should ask what you want to do with the disk or just eject it after it being inserted.

Try using various view options with the disk selected and opened.

Or maybe try a Get Info on the disk and/or contents or use Disk Utility and see what it says about the selected disk.

The Finder should show at least some files or folders on the opened disk.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A local photography store put some prints on DVD for me. They show up as a blank disk on my Mid 2010 Mac Mini running Mavericks. On my wife's Windows Vista computer they show up perfect and can be viewed. On her windows computer it says Fujifilm Image Viewer. I Googled Fujifilm Image Viewer and what came up on Fuji's website says it's for someone who already has a Fuji camera and needs a software update. No help at all there.

That's because your local photo shop burned the prints to DVD for viewing in Windows. You should have told him that you also own a Mac so that he could have then burned the DVD for compatibility for both Windows and your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I didn't realize that some photo-processing companies would still be creating a CD or DVD of photos for Windows use and viewing only.

All such local places here burn a CD or DVD so that it will play on a Mac, Windows and household DVD player, so I guess we're spoilt a bit.

But maybe by the 22nd Century we'll actually have a universal format and players???? Yeah right - but just maybe. ;) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Does anyone know where I can download the Fujifilm Image Viewer or something that will work just as well for opening up this DVD? Frustrating that her Windows computer will open the DVD but my super Mac Mini Mid 2010 will not open it.

Hi Fanner.. - not sure that I can add much but have a few questions: 1) Have you tested your CD/DVD optical drive w/ another DVD just to make sure it is working (not a CD - one or the other can malfunction on these combo devices); 2) Do you know the DVD format used - but probably not an issue according to the Mini specs of your model year (quoted below; SOURCE); 3) From Windows Explorer on the Vista computer, what is the format of the image files (e.g. JPG, TIF, etc.); and 4) Is there a program on the DVD referring to the 'Fujifilm Image Viewer' which may be an only Windows app along w/ a proprietary image format?

But, if the images are in a standard format, such as JPG on the DVD, then you should be able to copy them onto another optical medium (CD or DVD), HD, or external USB drive that would be readable on your Mac Mini - Dave :)

8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD

Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 6x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW; 8x DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 24x CD-RW

Reaction score
The cd/dvd is probably using an autorun app from Fuji for Windows with the actual pics in an invisible folder.
Old trick to make people use the app to view pics. Used on clip-art cd's all the time.
Use something like Tinkertool to make invisible files visible and find the folder and go to town copying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.