Quick question in imac (intel)

S

snoopsta

Thanks for all your input from a previous thread. At the moment I am in the States for 4 weeks with work. Really missing the imac. However before I left the UK i noticed that it would take ages to shutdown and sometimes machine would freeze. I have 512mb Ram.

Went to the crucial website and ordered asn extra 1gb (i'm hoping this will make my system even more faster!) Cost me about £100 for the RAM. Was it worth it?

Also can anyone tell me if mysql is pre-installed? I dont have my mac here to check or do I need to download it and get it installed.

Also saw the macbook pro. Though it looked exactly like the powerbooks.

I also mailed firsdirect as there internet banking plus site is not apple mac compatible. They told me not enough peopel use macs ! Please if possibel send an email to [email protected] asking when it will be available for the mac. This should give them some numbers to present to management

Anyone also got an ipod? Thinking of getting an itrip over here but there are sooo many types. basically I want to listen to my ipod in the car. Any recomendations? Someone told me to get one with preset frequency ??????? (whatever that means)

Thanks for all your help

Snoops

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
you have a new Intel Mac?

If you have all the software updates, it shouldn't take more than about 24 seconds to start up and about a minute or so to shut down. That's really weird...

Try backing up your files and reinstalling OS X. If these problems persist, then return your iMac saying you're not getting the performance you expected and get a new one, yours may be defective. But a gig of ram... that'll make your machine...

SUPER CHARGED!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.