Kensington lock compatible with current gen iMac

Reaction score
Hi there,

does anyone know a Kensington lock that actually works for the current gen iMac? I've tried the lock that I use on my Windows laptop, it didn't fit. All I can find on the Apple and Kensington websites is the "Security Dome" which comes with a really hefty price tag.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As far as I know, the Kensington lock will not work with an iMac. There are other ways to tie down an iMac so that it won't "walk away". You'll just have to explore which method and device to use, and yes, it's going to cost more than a typical Kensington.

OP
C
Reaction score
The iMacs are mounted to the desk so that's not the issue. The problem is that I need to secure the mouse and the keyboard and I wanted to do so by using those so called cablesavers that attach to a kensington lock.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's going to be even more difficult if you're referring to an Apple keyboard (wired or wireless) and mouse. Maybe not the best method, but you could always lock up the keyboards and mice when the Macs are unattended.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.