switching Vista firefox to macbook pro

Reaction score
learning how to do some things such as have firefox on my mac and save the history and other settings.

Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Question, statement or request Jim? Model and operating system will help. Personally have gone off FF since version 31 release.

OP
J
Reaction score
FFox has been the matter of choice and wife is used to it. Plus her iPad Safari falls short of seeing some things due to the adobe restriction so we fell out of using Safari unless required.

On which machine, this is a MacBook Pro old enough to remove the battery if I choose but, has the latest "Maverick".

Moved my email with Thunderbird here but am finding there are some things they can't do with the 'hot' keys.

All this is info giving the state of mind I'm working from.

Appears so far that for contacts, email and FaceTime, it may be wise to work within the system. Appreciate any constructive thought on this to keep the transition less complex. Thanks Chas M for your link...that is good advice.

It appears I'll have to find a way to xfer my contacts from Thunderbird to start with, once i figure out how.

thanks, Jim.

Last edited:
OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, We decided to switch all the way and bought the iMac 21.5"

C

chas_m

FFox has been the matter of choice and wife is used to it. Plus her iPad Safari falls short of seeing some things due to the adobe restriction so we fell out of using Safari unless required.

That's nothing to do with Safari. Adobe gave up on Mobile Flash quite some time ago (years now) and no browser for the iPad will do Flash (except by decoding it on their own server and sending it to you -- slowly and poorly -- in some other format.

There is no such Flash restriction on any Mac browser, however. You can view Flash on any Mac browser: Safari, Firefox, whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.