YouTube Problem

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? i just got my MacBook Pro, and still have my MacBook, and whenever i go to YouTube, it shows the videos in a "Powered by YouTube" format that has selections for webm, 3gpp, Mp4 and x-flv and it refuses to allow the comments and the add to, about, share, etc. options to load at all. And the player does not display the Add to watch later, annotations, etc. options on it, but it has a "Open in a new tab" option, and when i click on it, it opens into a google video thing.

How do i fix this? i want YouTube to display the videos the way it used to. And i know it's probably a Mac-exclusive thing, since i use a Windows computer at work, and the video player, etc. all work fine.

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.40.18 PM.png

C

chas_m

This is not how YouTube is displayed on a Mac at all. You have added some kind of plug-in to the browser or downloaded something that is pushing the YouTube URL through its own player.

OP
L
Reaction score
That's the thing. i never downloaded anything. It just randomly happened even on my old MacBook, and i'd uninstalled everything from it. And had just opened a browser on my Pro and it was like that... So i don't know what it is, or why it's doing this. i just wanna know how to fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.