Some Safari questions

Reaction score
I'm using Safari 5.0.6 on OSX 10.5.8. How do you have your bookmarks load strait down rather than having to us the Bookmark Bar and how do you add folders for similar web sites?

Is there a way to have Safari remember my usernames and passwords like Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Not to avoid your question, but the answers to deal with your Sfari bookmarks can get quite long and involved.

Your best bet would be to google it with such search phrase as: Mac Safari using bookmarks; leopard Safari using bookmarks; etc.

i.e.: https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=hfv7U5WcGtfDoATTv4GACA

For sites you visit with Safari that need a login or password, there's usually a box to check that will say something like "Remember Me".

That should save the settings and would end up in the Keychain Utility app.

Sorry for the shortened help version, but you'll probably learn even more than you'd get here. ;)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I'm using Safari 5.0.6 on OSX 10.5.8. How do you have your bookmarks load strait down rather than having to us the Bookmark Bar and how do you add folders for similar web sites?

Is there a way to have Safari remember my usernames and passwords like Firefox.

What pm-r said is quite true and I notice you are using a fairly old version of Safari so I assume you have a fairly old Mac running an old operating system. It would be best to look for instructions specifically for your Safari version but the simple answer is yes, you can set up Safari in Safari preferences to display in a number of ways, yes, you can save passwords for sites and yes, you can create folders for similar sites but maybe you would be better off with a different browser that provides the functions you want in a way you are more familiar with.
If you like FireFox why not stick with that? Or for example Google Chrome which offers a lot of options including storage of passwords and a bookmark manager.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.