Sony Bravia TV Won't Recognize Macbook Pro anymore

Reaction score
I have been connecting my macbook pro to my sony bravia tv with a thunderbolt to hdmi cord for a few months now. It isn't until just recently that i have been having problems with it. Last week my tv wouldn't recognize my mac but my mac screen would flash like it would when i plugged it into the tv. The tv would then take up to 10 minutes to connect to my mac which never happened before. Then just yesterday it wouldn't recognize my mac at all but my mac seems to recognize it with the flash of the screen. Usually the screen would flash once but my mac seems to do it multiple times with still no response from the tv. My mac seems to connect fine with my other LG tv but my sony tv just won't connect like it used to. I have tried different resolutions but still nothing works. i have also tried switching to a different hdmi port on the tv and still no use. i have unplugged the tv for up to an hour and restarted my mac many times. I am still having problems with it. Any thoughts on the situation would be very appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Three things to check: Cables, Thunderbolt adapter, and connectors. It could be any one of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.