Fixed mac mail password problem..now can't set up notes..?

Reaction score
I have been having a problem on and off for months with mac mail asking me repeatedly for my password. Perhaps since upgrading from SL to Mavericks. Anyway I believe I finally found out how to fix it from this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6430112

Anyway, prior to finding the above info about unplugging my printer and using it's wifi instead which seemed to fix my mail problem I deleted my personal email account from the "Internet Accounts" settings. Now when I re-add it, it will not let me utilize 'notes'. When I try to do this I get the error message "There was a problem setting up the account. An unknown error occurred.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this. I love the notes feature on mac.

OP
MacLicious
Reaction score
Really, no one has any idea? I guess I'm sunk. I have already lost some notes that I stupidly didn't back up unless they're on my time machine? Not sure how long they've been missing as I can only remember one in particular that is not there.

Really hoping someone can help!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.