Apple TV won't connect to wi fi network

Reaction score
Apple TV has worked fine until now. 2 years. But in past 3 days it tells me it is not connected to wi fi network. Sees wi fi network but when I submit password it tells me to check settings. All other devices are working well with wi fi.
I upgraded firmware on router. No obstructions to speak of.
Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Thea - just for starters, unplug the power from the Apple TV, wait a while, and then re-power - see if that helps - post back. Dave :)

OP
P
Reaction score
apple-tv-wont-connect-wi-fi-network.

Did that. Have in fact unplugged the lot. Modem, router, TV and Apple TV.
Waited. Still atv won't talk to network.
Persiathea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did that. Have in fact unplugged the lot. Modem, router, TV and Apple TV.
Waited. Still atv won't talk to network.
Persiathea

Hi again Persiathea - not sure now - can you 'reset' the Apple TV and start over again? I have a Roku device so cannot provide personal experience w/ the Apple TV - let us know? Dave :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Yes, did that as well. Thanks for your input.
Maybe will take to friend's house and see if it works with their network. Or update software.
Mmmmm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, did that as well. Thanks for your input.
Maybe will take to friend's house and see if it works with their network. Or update software.
Mmmmm.

Sorry - not sure that I can take this much further - but great idea to try elsewhere - please post back - may help others - Dave :)

Reaction score
I experienced this same problem after Time Warner upgraded my wireless router. They installed a "dual range" router (5Ghz/2.4Ghz) in anticipation of an upcoming service upgrade next month. I ran around chasing this connection issue (only related to Apple TV) for two days before calling them. They had to perform a remote software upgrade and reset. Once done, both ATV setups connected straight away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.