mac newbie question (iWeb)

E

Emuleem22

My first post here and a mac newbie, so forgive me for such a low level question.
I just purchased a second mac for myself (bought a PowerBook three months ago, but loved it so much that I couldn't resist the Intel iMac,,, and, yes, I'm a switcher, who's definition of a computer was Windows until three months ago) , and wanted to update my website content that I had created using iWeb on my PowerBook. However, I am not exactly sure how to access the web content that has been uploaded to my .mac account to work on with iWeb on another machine. I have .mac account, know how to access the iDisk, and I can access those files from Finder, but I just don't know how to pull them up on iWeb for updates. If anyone could walk me through on this, I would really appreciate. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
AFAIK you can only create entirely new pages in iWeb, there doesn't seem to be a way to update or edit existing ones.

Kind of weird, but you could just copy your old content into one of the templates and recreate everything from there.

It's probably easier to manage stuff from iWeb (at least that's why a friend of mine moved his site over)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
you can edit your existing pages as you save them in iWeb but you have to upload the whole page and content again which is a pain

OP
E

Emuleem22

Ah, thanks for the reply. It's kind of inconvenient how you have to recreate everything huh... hmmmm. I guess I have to decide on which computer to use to make websites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
When you edit a site, just "publish to a folder" and then copy the new files onto your iDisk and replace the old ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.