How can I lock my Ipod 2.1 so it doesn't skip songs?

Reaction score
I just got an ipod 2.1 When I listen to music, if I put it in my pocket, it skips around songs because it's brushing up on my clothes. How can I lock it so it stops doing that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I just got an ipod 2.1 When I listen to music, if I put it in my pocket, it skips around songs because it's brushing up on my clothes. How can I lock it so it stops doing that?

Hello - I have a 2G iPod Touch for my music (like the pic attached), and my first question is whether your device is working properly otherwise? The iPod screen is a capacitive detector which usually requires the touch of human skin (or 'something' similar) which reacts to charge changes (more Info HERE, if interested) - my point is that an iPod (assume that you have no protective cover on the device?) should really not react in such a fashion if only in your pocket - just saying.

Now assuming that the iPod is otherwise in perfect shape and functions well except for this issue, then there are several options, e.g. 1) I have a leather 'flap' cover that would prevent touching of the screen; and 2) Returning to 'home screen' would allow the music to play but not present the music app controls to be 'touched'. Of course, if you 'sleep' the iPod, the music would also continue. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 5.17.27 PM.png

OP
O
Reaction score
I just discovered how to sleep it! That might be the best way. I'm surprised how little time the battery lasts so I can solve two problems with one stone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.