Restoring default font folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
hi guys. Quick Q, how can i restore my default font folder?

Extensis Suitcase X1 has botched something up good. Pretty much, it loaded a good 300 fonts or so, into my apple font folder one day when it decided to say F U and CRASH

So now, word wont open, it hangs at "optimizing font menu appearance" which, ever since suitcase was installed showed up BLANK

My times new roman is some scratchy cryptic font. i think the only one that sitll works right is ARIAL

Theres got to be a way to get the original without an OS re-install. What can i do guys? thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
The easiest thing to do would be to get access to another Mac and zip the /Library/Fonts folder and then unzip that and overwrite yours. Otherwise you might try a program called Pacifist to extract the Fonts out of your install CD. They will most likely be in a archive.pax.gz file.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
ahh i remember using pacifist to mess with classic, good idea! Cant beleive there isnt some script or something to do it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.