Cannot text or call since returning from abroad

Reaction score
I went on vacation to Spain and on return to UK I cannot seem to receive or make calls or text, iMessage is ok.

I recall receiving a carrier update which I'm wondering messed something up.

I've tried resetting network settings, enabling airplane mode, switching off, leaving for 5 mins, removing sim, but to no avail.

Comparing the screen to my daughter 5, her circles next to carrier seem to be filled whereas mine don't

Any ideas?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please give the specs for your iPhone and carrier so one of our UK members can assist you. Thanks...

C

chas_m

Did you change SIMs before you left, or after you arrived in Spain? A Spanish SIM would be an easy explanation, with an even more obvious fix: put back your UK SIM.

It's possible your Spanish provider somehow overwrote your O2 carrier file, but a visit to your O2 provider (avoid resellers, go straight to a carrier-owned store) should be able to clear that up. In short, sounds like the SIM in bunged.

OP
M
Reaction score
Same SIM, if I place my giffgaff sims in it does the same, my SIM in theirs is fine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok, looks like the unit has developed a fault. My sim works fine in other units but none of my other sims work in the 5s so it's on its way back to Apple. Thanks for the assistance Chas, don't think anything was going to sort this apart from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.