Can't download purchased apps

Reaction score
Here's my situation:
  • I have 3 iDevices- 2 iPads (both running iOS 7.1.2) and 1 iPhone 5 (running 6.1.4)
  • I am unable to downlad certain purchased apps from my App Store on any of the 3 devices (notice, only 2 are running the most up-to-date iOS 7.1.2)
  • I am using the same Apple ID for all 3 devices and the same WiFi (which shouldn't matter).
  • All the apps are from different developers.
  • It seems as though it may be apps that are not free but I can't confirm this because the download icon is shown (not the "free" or the price icons).

Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone else having this extremely bizarre issue?
Thanks for your time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We need more information. Where are you located and do you have a credit card on file with Apple that can be used for the purchases? Apple requires a CC on file even for apps that are free. (The card won't be charged.)

And, can you tell us which apps you're trying to download?

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Here are my answers to your questions:

I am in South Florida
Yes my Apple ID has a CC on file (the same one I used to purchase the apps). As a reminder, I've already purchased the apps and they are listed as available for download in my App Store purchased list (I delete them to conserve space if I don't use them often as all my devices only have 16GB). However, when I select the download icon, the "wheel" begins to spin, stops, and returns to the download icon. This only happens on certain apps. I've been able to successfully download other apps but not all.

The apps I'm trying to download today (for school purposes) are (developer in parenthesis) Video Scheduler (MDR), Visual Routine (Proteon Software), and Visual Schedule Planner (Good Karma Applications) but there are others that I've been unsuccessful (I just don't need them at the moment).

Thanks again!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The apps I'm trying to download today (for school purposes) are (developer in parenthesis) Video Scheduler (MDR), Visual Routine (Proteon Software), and Visual Schedule Planner (Good Karma Applications) but there are others that I've been unsuccessful (I just don't need them at the moment).

I just checked on those three apps and there is (as far as I can tell) no problem with downloading them. I didn't do the download because I don't need them and would have to pay.

I'm thinking that perhaps your iPhone or iPad does not have enough room to download any more apps?

C

chas_m

Just to clarify: I know for a fact that iTunes *does not* require a credit card. It is strongly suggested, yes. Required, no.

OP
E
Reaction score
Many thanks for assisting.
After 1 day of letting it go, I went back in to my App Store Purchases and was able to DL all the apps I wasn't able to previously. Freaky weird stuff. Not sure what that was all about but I guess it takes some time for your App Store Purchases to become available for DL after you've signed into your account. Maybe? Maybe not. :Confused: Atleast I didn't lose them.

Thanks again!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Elisa916 do you sync your devices with iTunes on a laptop or desktop computer or are they all free standing devices? The reason I ask is because if the devices were synced with say a laptop you would not have to download your apps again from the App store, just reinstall from your backups during Sync. That would make the whole process of removing and reinstalling much faster and easier plus no internet connection/download required.
If you do not sync any of your devices you run the risk of losing all their contents if they crash or are you using iCloud as back up perhaps?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same issue when I select the download icon, the wheel begins to spin, stops, and returns to the download icon. This only happens on certain apps. About 16 that I can tell. I've been able to successfully download other apps but not all. These are apps I removed because the upgrade would not work
3.5G left on iPhone4s running 8.4.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.