notebook pro/OX s Maverick

Reaction score
I am having a problem with Wifi disconnecting all the time.
Is there a fix for this ?
I hear many other people have this same issue.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I hear many other people have this same issue.

On the internet you can hear just about anything if you look hard enough.;)

Believe me…for every 1 person you "heard" has this issue…there are probably thousands or 10's of thousands who have absolutely no issue. Do the math…and you can see that folks with this issue…are a very very small percentage.

As far as what's causing the issue…not really sure:

- Could be your ISP.
- Could be your WiFi equipment.
- Could be your cable modem.

Do you have the latest version of Mavericks installed?

- Nick

M

MacInWin

What do you mean by "all the time?" Can you give us some facts on the problem? Is it on startup? Does it disconnect in the middle of something? Is that "something" consistent and repeatable? Do you get any error messages? How often do you boot the MBP? Is it when you wake it from sleeping? What symptoms tell you the WiFi is disconnected? Does it reconnect properly after you discover it is disconnected? Is it everywhere or just on your home network? Has anything changed in your home network? How old is the WiFI router? Has your ISP changed anything recently?

OP
S
Reaction score
re. Notebook Pro/OS x Maverick.
About losing Wifi connection.

Nick,
Not sure if I can reply to you this way, but from thew mac forum I cannot attach a screen shot.
My Wifi problem is just a minor nuisance. when starting I always need to change to my network SDMV from an HP printer network, which is not even in my house. Perhaps there is a way for me to block some networks? It also switches back to the HP printer after not using the computer for about an hour.
Regarding updates, There are not outstanding updates to download.
Attached are 2 pics. Sorr, but how can I attach the pictures?
Thanks,

Steve

M

MacInWin

Open System Preferences, choose Network, then click on the WiFi icon in the left column and then Advanced. In the window, click on the HP Printer network name and then on the little "-" box at the bottom of the window. That eliminates the HP Printer network. You can also click, hold and drag the name of your preferred network to the top of the list and that will be the first network it will connect to every time. (I described from the Mavericks version, but as I recall, that sequence is not significantly changed from previous versions of OSX.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.