Multiple User Question

Reaction score
My wife and I both have an IPhone, as well as an iPad each. She works at an iMac, and I have a PC as my computer. Up until now, we have shared an email address and password for iTunes and Apps, which appear simultaneously. The user name is hers.

However, we have different tastes in music, which we have placed in iTunes on our respective machines. We want to share certain things, but not everything. We have now come across the Cloud, Facetime, etc. and are becoming totally bamboozled, passwords, usernames and so on we should be using on our various machines. Very confused.com! Are there any step by step articles or advice on separating accounts, but sharing some things, but not everything

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably should setup a separate Apple ID for yourself instead of sharing the same one with your wife. Keeping separate accounts would allow you to download the music and apps of your choice and the same for your wife. You can always turn on home sharing which works between Macs and PCs.

Read through this article from Apple: Understanding Home Sharing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.