Activity Monitor

T

tabasko

Hi,

I'm under MAC OS 10.3.1 on a PowerBook G4

I get the below error message when I try to launch my Activity monitor (from the utilities folder in app.)

Activity Monitor[894] The tool is not setuid root - please repair the privileges

No way to repair and solve the situation using panther basical tool for checking/repairing the files privileges.

Can you help me ?

TabasKo
(Sorry for my english I'm french)

OP
K

kruzer

Hi,

Were you ever able to solve this? I have the same problem, and running the Repair Permissions functionality does not fix it. If you did fix it, I would love to know how!

Thanks,
Jeff

tabasko said:
Hi,

I'm under MAC OS 10.3.1 on a PowerBook G4

I get the below error message when I try to launch my Activity monitor (from the utilities folder in app.)

Activity Monitor[894] The tool is not setuid root - please repair the privileges

No way to repair and solve the situation using panther basical tool for checking/repairing the files privileges.

Can you help me ?

TabasKo
(Sorry for my english I'm french)

OP
M

Mr.Curlynose1

Try moving the Activity Monitor plist out of the ~/Library/Preferences folder. If that doesn't work, move it back see if you can open it using another user account.

OP
K

kruzer

Hi,

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I've tried running Activity Monitor both as root and as two other different admin users.

Interestingly, after I removed the preferences file, no new such prefs file was created when I tried running AM. It apparently isn't even launching far enough to check or create its prefs file.

Mr.Curlynose1 said:
Try moving the Activity Monitor plist out of the ~/Library/Preferences folder. If that doesn't work, move it back see if you can open it using another user account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.