iPod touch content removal issues

Reaction score
Is there any way to resolve the following issue regarding my iPod touch and iTunes?

(iPod touch is 5th generation, running iOS 7.1.2)
(iTunes is 11.3.1)

I've unchecked music and photos (from iPhoto) in iTunes, and told iTunes to remove the content from my iPod touch. Additionally, my iPod touch still has events from iPhoto that I've long since deleted (including the photos in said events). iTunes hasn't removed those events, nor any event after unchecking photos in iTunes, and the music still remains on the device. Before the last sync session, my iPod touch was showing duplicates of just about every song synced to it.

Is there a way to fix this without restoring the iPod touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So you've unticked Music and Photos completely? The totals listed at the top of those pages reads zero in both cases?

OP
C
Reaction score
So you've unticked Music and Photos completely? The totals listed at the top of those pages reads zero in both cases?

Indeed they do.

I had to go into the iPod and manually delete the songs that were left on it after unchecking and syncing. The iPhoto events (and the subsequent photos) finally disappeared.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
At some point someone must have managed the music manually and dragged it on rather than selecting and syncing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.