NetConnMacX, what is it

Reaction score
Hello, I hope this is the correct place to post this question .... I am running Retrospect Version 10.5 on a 27" iMac OS 10.9.4 to backup several Macs and PCs on the LAN here. If you are familiar with Retrospect, you know it does appended backups. That is, it only backs up new files and old files that have been changed. On two of the iMacs I backup, both running OS 10.9.4, Retrospect backs up the entire hard drive every time it does a scheduled backup, instead of just backing up the new or changed files. The only difference I can find between these two Macs and the other I backup is this line in the log "NetConnMacX::Setup: version too old, 11.0.0.191". I'm not sure this is causing the problem but thought someone here might know what it is and can I update it. Folks at the Retrospect Forum haven't come up with anything. Thanks Much, Jim

OP
J
Reaction score
FYI .. I removed Retrospect Client version 11.0.0 and installed Client version 10.2. That got rid of the message "NetConnMacX::Setup: version too old, 11.0.0.191" and it now seems to be appending instead of trying to backup the entire drive. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.