Apple TV and Live HD Comcast Events

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing an Apple TV (3rd generation) and using it for my college apartment. The apartment complex decides the cable company you have and does not come with HD. I have a Comcast Xfinity E-mail address that I have been using to watch live programs and watchESPN on my iPhone and laptop. My question is: if I purchase the Apple TV, hook it up to our HD TV, and use the Comcast Xfinity GO App through it will we be able to watch LIVE sporting events on ESPN, ESPN2, etc. in HD through our tv? Sucks having an HDTV, but being stuck with basic cable. Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't have an Apple TV, but if you connect it to your TV, using the various apps on the Apple TV (Hulu, Netflix, iTunes and so on) you can stream stuff at HD quality.

If the Xfinity GO app allows you to watch live sports through your existing device, it should work with the Apple TV as well..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.