Notations on e-mails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro and iPad2
I am using Apple Mail version 1.3. I would like to be able to make notations on messages received or, occasionally, on copies of sent messages. For example, it would be useful to attach a note (to myself) to an incoming message that it was cleared by a subsequent phone call or discussed with a colleague, etc. This is common practice with incoming "hard copy" correspondence.
Can this be done with later versions of Mail or, for that matter, with any other e-mail clients?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It can not be done in mail. but there is another mail client out there made by microsoft, it is called entorage.. I don't know if it can do what you want but alot of people here at the forum use it. maybe they will have more insight then I do.

Reaction score
In Entourage you can flag an e-mail, and there is a notes section where you can place your desired information.

K

kcoates55

The original question is an old one, but asks for the same info that I did in another topic. The flag and notes are handy, but there isn't an indicator telling me that I have attached a note. I would like to be able to insert, directly into a received or sent email, a note for follow-up. There is an app for Apple's Mail, although the name escapes me now, but I'm an Entourage user.

There's a script to change the subject. Is it possible that a script could be written to do the same within the body of the email?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.