Web Designers: Dreamweaver vs. Web Objects

Reaction score
i'm completely new to the mac forums and wanted to get a general opinion on what application do mac users use? dreamweaver or web objects? i hear dreamweaver is a better application and easy to use... is this true?

also...for creating websites, what domain register and hosting company do most mac users prefer? in the past i've used godaddy and 1&1.

opinions welcome...

signed,

new macuser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I use dreamweaver and flash quite heavily in the new site i am working on. I have never heard of web objects as I am quite partial to the macromedia suite and photoshop to making websites. I find all the programs I use easy and I think you will be able to pick them up quite easily on the mac (dreamweaver, photoshop, flash)

for domains I use godaddy. for hosting I use what ever the client wants since I don't manage the sites.. If I do manage the site I put it on my friends server on a 0C-11 connection. So I can not recomend a hosting company.

Good luck with your new mac and being a web desinger on it.

Reaction score
I also use dreamweaver. It works great with flash and movies exported from Motion or Final Cut. It is also compatible with basically everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
Yes, Dreamweaver and Flash are great!!

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for your help...i think the overall response has been dreamweaver & flash applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
DAIDAI said:
thanks for your help...i think the overall response has been dreamweaver & flash applications.

I believe it was actually 100% ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.