Double click now where one would do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Just started today. I used to be able to hover over a thread and get a quick view of the post…now I have to double click and open the thread. Same thing with searching for new posts…single has turned to double. In fact, most everything requires 2 taps. Could I have inadvertently made a combination of keystrokes that would cause this? The beach ball has made an annoying appearance as well.

EDIT…just tried hovering on this site…works fine…dunno.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hover should show the thread original post contents, and a single click opens. if this is not happening on whatever Mac you are using with Lion I take it, try Repair Permissions first up.

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I've had my iMac for several years now….pretty much trouble free..I have no idea where the Repair Permissions are.

Found it…thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Highlight your Macintosh HD, select the repair permissions tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.