500Gb Lacie External Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" i7 2.6Ghz 16Gb Vengeance(Soon) 1Tb SSD Nvidia GT 650M
Hello there,
This is my first Macbook iv had and i'm already getting problems it could be simple but iv being trying to figure this out for a good while.
I have a USB 3.0 lacie hard drive i use to watch films and look at photo's on my tv i had it when i used windows iv checked everything and it's Fat32 so mac should be ok with it.
Here's the problem when i try to copy a film from my Macbook hardrive to the Lacie drive it gets to about 5 seconds remaining and stops then after about 15 seconds it tells me the the operation cannot be completed because the item is in use? I'm only copying one file to my external.
It also takes ages to unmount.. Iv updated all the drivers needed and i still have no luck i really don't want to reformat as i have about 470Gb of data stored on the drive and when i try to copy from the drive to my mac it get's to about 6Gb and stops.
Any idea what this could be please.
It can't be my external as i have tried it on many windows pc and its read's and write's fine.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" i7 2.6Ghz 16Gb Vengeance(Soon) 1Tb SSD Nvidia GT 650M
I'v just reformatted it and it seems fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.