How about to make FIND MY IPHONE WORKS?

Reaction score
Hi, The Case which I will try to discuss in here is based on my work and private experience, I'm little more then basic Apple devices and software user and I've been dealing with described below issue several times.
TO THE POINT:

- Find My iPhone option is designed to FIND THE IPHONE as I presume?

So, if I will Find One and I will call the Apple CS to ask them to contact the owner of the device, which is locked under FMI to some ones Apple ID, I will get the answer from Apple so they CAN NOT contact OWNER because of privacy policy, even if I am in possession of HIS/HER device which I would like to return?!!!!

From my subjective point of view its completely illogic,
Theoretically if I will lost my device or sold it forgetting to remove all my accounts I would like to see email from Apple informing me that someone has my sold/lost/stolen device and I can take the action from there.( removing device from acc or having a chance to get device (MY DATA) returned to me, contacting police, insurer etc.)
Millions of people are chasing down Apple phone CS wasting both of they time to try to remove somebody's Apple ID to activate the device.
Most of them are getting frustrated and fooled later on by fake activation/unlock/bypass expensive scamming sites.
Once they are fooled and drained the wallets they will give up and turn to other devices.

I'm not about anything related to some legal issues with device, just let the people talk.
It can be automate system easy to run. Type Your IMEI or SERIAL on the web and system will send the email to the registered Apple acc. SIMPLE

Why (like always) Apple can't save gooood few dollars on CS work on it and add ONE SIMPLE LINE to T&C of using FMI option like so If user activating this he/she agree to be contacted via phone/email by Apple in relation to this device? It will really make Find My iPhone works and I think most of Apple Users won't have any issue with contacting them in that kind of scenario? All this coming from my personal experience with Apple Customer Support where there are PEOPLE to help but they have NO OPTION to do it. They can see email address of previous owner in front of them and they can not do anything at all to let this person know about they sold/lost/stolen device. But hundreds of promotional/spamming emails being sent to same address every week?????
Please correct me if I'm wrong,
I would like to know what do YOU think about this.
UcanC

C

chas_m

So, if I will Find One and I will call the Apple CS to ask them to contact the owner of the device, which is locked under FMI to some ones Apple ID, I will get the answer from Apple so they CAN NOT contact OWNER because of privacy policy, even if I am in possession of HIS/HER device which I would like to return?!!!!

Yes. This makes perfect sense. Why should they believe you, for starters? Any creeper could call and ask for my address under any sort of false pretense and Apple's supposed to supply it?? Seriously??

If you find someone's iPhone, simply turn it on and check for a message from the owner that will have a new phone number for you to call. This is a function of "Find My iPhone" (Lost Mode) that the owner has the OPTION of invoking. They may not decide to do that, or may not yet be aware that it is lost.

If you don't see a message from the owner about how to get in touch, turn it in to the business where you found it or to the police. They will take care of it from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.