File dates

Reaction score
All dates are 01/05/2012 except for "Yesterday" and "Today". Tomorrow "Yesterday" becomes 01/05/2012. Any idea why and how to fix it?

M

MacInWin

What dates? What Mac? What version OSX? What date is your clock showing? So many questions before we can even begin...

OP
W
Reaction score
File Dates

What dates?
> In finder "Date last opened"
What Mac?
> PowerBook probably 2011 version
What version OSX?
> OS X 10.9.4
What date is your clock showing?
> Current date - date is always correct.

Sorry for the lack of info.

M

MacInWin

That's really strange. I don't really have a solution, but you could check in System Preferences, Language&Region, Advanced and make sure the date format is correct. Also, do you have any "helper" software installed (MacKeeper, Clean My Mac, etc)? Some of the so called "helper" applications have been known to cause strange things to happen. Do the other dates change appropriately? (Date Modified, Date Created, etc)

OP
W
Reaction score
File Dates

Thanks for the update. It turns out to be a user error. I have specified military time. In the advanced section the long date format was just typed instead of using the drop down's. That caused the fixed date issue in all the file formats. Interestingly, all other dates seemed to be OK.
After updating the Long format by dragging the drop-downs in place all file dates now seem to be correct.

Thanks for your help.

wilsonrtw

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.