Unable to get updates from App Store

Reaction score
I have an infuriating problem when trying to connect to the App Store via my wife’s iPad mini and would appreciate some help.

Her iPad mini is definitely signed in to the French App Store and also to the French iTunes store. I have just purchased a song from the latter and downloaded a free app from the former.

However, red updates are piling up from the App Store and I just cannot get at them. When I try to do so, I get this message:

“Your account is not valid for use in the UK app store. You must switch to the French store before purchasing.”

Can someone pse explain why, when I am definitely connected to the French App Store (see para 2 above), I cannot get the updates for Times, Kindle, Booking.com and about twelve others?

They were mostly obtained from the UK store although there may be one or two that came from the French store. I’ve also attempted to log in to the UK store but to no avail.

Comments greatly appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Here’s a reply in response to my own question – hopefully this may help others who get screwed up with the App Store.

The cause was ‘finger trouble’. When my wife got the iPad mini, she didn’t have her own account or ID and so I downloaded apps via my own ID and password.

She subsequently got her own ID and has purchased new stuff in this way; however, the ones which I could not update were those which I had purchased all those many months ago.

Anyway, all is now OK.

M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.