1st generation iPod touch apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 Mac Mini - Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - 8GB ram - 1TB HDD, iPad Air 32GB, iPhone 6s 64GB
Found a first generation iPod touch while cleaning out my daughters room. It's the 16 gig model running iOS 3.1.3. Cleaned it up and restored it and battery still holds a descent charge.
Are there any apps available still available that will run on its iOS. Not looking for anything major, just some games, maybe a an app that will allow it to send /receive texts. I am aware of its limitations due it's age and software. If not it will still make a good music player for my workouts.

C

chas_m

If there's still software that runs on my iPhone (original), then there is probably software for your first-gen iPod touch, which came later.

The OS limitation is an issue, but the only way I know of checking if something's compatible still is to visit the App Store page for a given app and see what the requirements say.

Oh, and this wot I just found, this should help: iFans – 50 Apps That Still Support Your Original iPhone or iPod Running iOS 3.1.3

(this list is from a year ago, so things may have changed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.