iPhone 4 battery died in 4 days.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 13, iPhone SE 2, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
A friend of mine in Bali (Indonesia) was give an iPhone 4 by her son on a recent visit. He had not prepared it for resale so she asked if I could help set it up.
I obtained his Apple ID and erased and reset it to factory settings as well as removing it from his iTunes devices.
I set my friend up with an iTunes account and restored the phone from her old 3gs backup. It worked fine for 2 days then the battery started going flat in about half a day. Now it wont charge at all.
Is it possible for the battery to have died so quickly?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
By "died"...do you mean that:

1. The battery will not charge at all?
2. Or that it went from a full charge to no charge in half a day?

If #2...yes. Depending on how it is being used (and how much it is being used)...and what features are enabled.

If #1...I guess it depends on how old the battery is (number of charge cycles).

- Nick

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 13, iPhone SE 2, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
By "died"...do you mean that:

1. The battery will not charge at all?
2. Or that it went from a full charge to no charge in half a day?

If #2...yes. Depending on how it is being used (and how much it is being used)...and what features are enabled.

If #1...I guess it depends on how old the battery is (number of charge cycles).

- Nick

OK I now have the phone. It will not startup. It is seemingly completely non responsive. Plugged into my laptop I cannot get anything on the screen. No apple icon, basically Dead.
I have never seen an iPhone do this before. Four days ago it was a working phone now it wont even run on AC power. Bit of a first for me unless I'm overlooking something obvious it appears to have died from a rapid onset disease.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.