unwanted software update

Reaction score
itunes keeps asking me to update keynotes pages and numbers even tho i don't have these programs on my iMac. how can i make it stop bothering me?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you recently purchase a new Mac or iOS device (iPad or iPhone)? If you did, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free; as well as iPhoto for iOS. Go ahead and download them. Free is good. ;)

C

chas_m

If its offering an update, then you do indeed have these programs. Or did, anyway.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's not entirely true. Even if you didn't have a previous version of iWork and you just put a new Mac on line, Software Updates will notify you that an update for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote is available for download. That's exactly how I was notified when I first put my then new 2013 iMac on line for the first time. I did not have a previous version.

OP
P
Reaction score
I purchased my iMac 3 or 4 yrs ago. You are right, pages, keynote and numbers are in my apps folder but i have never used them. When I just tried to open then my 30 free trial period had long expired and I was given the option to buy them which I do not want to do. Is there any way to get itunes to stop asking about updating them?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know why you would not want a free update to the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, and Numbers? Apple is not going to charge you for them, however, if you don't want the updates, you can opt not to receive them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.