MacPro Air Dead

Reaction score
My MacPro Air died and was sent to service centre who claim that one single drop of moisture has entered my device and landed in exactly the right spot internally to disable it. They claim that this could have been a single bead of steam! I need to be able to travel with this device sometimes to hot and humid countries. Has any onle else had this problem?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Is this a Apple service center or some third party? That whole one drop of moisture thing sounds quite dumb..

The MBA tech specs state:

Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet

Those are rated temps, does that mean that the MBA will stop working at 100° F? No, but you should try not to use it for too long under high temp situations. 0 to 90% humidity covers a VERY quite range and shouldn't be a problem.

If this is a Apple service center, they should be ashamed of themselves, if it's a third party service center they are making up BS..

Have them photograph the failure spot and tell you WHAT exactly it is. Then go to http://ifixit.com and find the tear down of your MBA (based on year) and figure out what parts are around that area and see whats going on..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
They claim that this could have been a single bead of steam!
This alone is ridiculous since steam is a gas. I'm not sure how you have a bead of gas.

Anything is possible but I'm going to put this in the "not likely" pile of excuses. I, like Raz0rEdge, would be asking what this magical spot is and how it somehow succumbed to humidity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.