Color issue with MBP to Projector.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have a friend who rang me last night regarding a color issue using a 2012 MBP with a projector.
He has tried a couple of different projectors and different connector and cables but in every case the projected image comes out yellow.
This is not an area I know much about as I have never had an issue with VGA or HDMI connections. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sure sounds like he has either a connector (adapter) problem from his MacBook Pro or the input connection port on Projector itself. Do you know if he has a spare adapter he can try? And have him closely inspect the input connector on the projector. I've had projectors do odd things when the connection was loose or some pins were bent.

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well since he has tried different projectors with same result and he says different adapters that aligns with what I told him. Either the cable connection to the MBP or the port itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.