Can I sign into icloud on two different iPhones with the same account?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have two iPhones currently, one for work and one personal phone. I would like to sign into icloud on both devices to share my data between both phones.

If I sign into my work iPhone using my personal icloud login will any problems arise in terms of my files being available on my work phone?

Will I have to do anything, or be prompted to do anything on my personal phone (which is already signed into icloud)

As my work iPhone should be used for work purposes, can I basically just sign in and out as I please, downloading my files whenever I please?

Thanks in advance for any help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Who is paying for your work iPhone, you or your job?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that means your work is actually paying for the iPhone since they're re-embursing you for its usage. What I'm getting at is that it may be best to keep the accounts separate in that case. But I suppose if your work doesn't mind you mixing files and downloads between the two iPhones, it shouldn't matter.

You can use your same Apple ID for both phones and access iCloud. You may run into some problems because iCloud will want to sync things like your contacts, photos, music, etc between both phones and your Mac. You might want to go into iCloud preferences and turn off the syncing that you don't want.

C

chas_m

As Charlie says, one can have the same iCloud account on as many devices as one wishes. I have but three devices -- my Mac, my iPhone and my iPad -- but there is no trouble syncing them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.